February 8, 2013

Day 39

This week over at Photo Art Friday, Bonnie challenged everyone to use several of her textures to create a collaged image.  The one texture that had to be used was her "Dropped Petals" texture which I used as the substrate or base of this collage.  Then I layered & blended "Vintage Craqueture" with "Heartache by the Numbers".  The parade march silhouettes are images I duplicated to create what appears as men walking.  The one man looking in the opposite direction sort of looks like Alfred Hitchcock.  Have you seen the new movie about Hitchcock and leading lady?  I watched the oldie a few weeks ago I think it was called "Tippie" or "Tippy"on Netflick.  Interesting story. 

10 comments:

Mariane (Denmark) said...

Super great idea - and splendid work :D

Stephanie said...

Very striking piece. Good idea to use the silhouettes.

smiles, Sharon said...

Love the silhouettes over the texture...like time is marching on and on and on...very interesting. Then you discover another walking the other direction, against the flow of humans. That is the great addition.
smiles: sharon I have visited Denmark and loved my time there...am half Danish half Swedish....but born and raised in USA.

Anonymous said...

shadows of people passing in a line is uniquely done and yes, the Alfred Hitchcock - I can see that.. clever you.. I like this art..
Hugs

Marilyn said...

I love the image of the men marching. Unusual.

Jeanne said...

fascinating abstract!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Oh my - I just love what you have done here, Cindy! Tickled me to see A.H sneak into your piece.

I did see the movie, it is called "The Girl" as that is what Hitchcock called Tippi Hedren.

Ida said...

Oh I like this piece a lot. It really makes one think. Nicely done.

Currie Silver said...

quite an original way you found to explore this challenge!! I love that we both chose to add Heartache by the Numbers. I don't know why, just that it tickles me!!

Kathy said...

Very creative! Thanks for sharing.

Kathy