July 22, 2013

Day 195

My new easel finally arrived and I am loving it!  It's easy to assemble, lightweight (only 12 lbs.) and has a full box for storage.  I've only used it once so far and I'm loving the whole plein air painting.  There is just something about being so close to nature and not using a camera, but a paint brush to record what you see.  (I still take photos for future reference.)  Just need to learn how to paint landscapes and I'm working on that.  Learning a new media seems to overwhelm me occasionally, because there is so much to learn about using a new painting method, but I'm determined to do this.  I actually have several paintings completed, framed and ready to be entered in some local shows.  When the shows are over, I will be able to share pics of my paintings with you.  

No comments: