February 5, 2013

Day 37

Have you ever read a book that inspired you to create art?  This happened to me only one time and I've read a lot of books over the years.  Hunger Games, the first in the series, was so visual for me that I created several different scenes as if I were making the posters for the movie that hadn't been released yet.  I even marked passages in the book that inspired me.  Underlined them with ink!  Books are sacred to me, even though I do fold back pages I rarely will mark up a book.  (This doesn't apply to art technique books, because I will post my notes in the margins for future reference. LOL!)  This is one of those posters, showing a young child, contestant #24 and an adult blowing him a kiss.  This scene would have been at the juncture of the lottery selection when the older sister stepped in to take her little sisters place in the Hunger Games.  A game to the death.  If you haven't seen the movie, I would recommend you read the book first only because it has much more detail about what is actually going on.  The book was so visual for me, that the movie was actually a disappointment.  They could have done so much more with it. 

No comments: