March 16, 2013

Day 75-76

 Two more exceptional things I discovered while in the Cosmopolitan, were the upstairs shops.  This one is "All Saints" a clothing manufacturer who used vintage sewing machines to completely showcase the entrance to their shop.  It was amazing to see such a collection of various machines, some of which I had never heard of before.  It was truly a wonderful display.

The next thing I discovered in a hallway, off the beaten path was this recycled cigarette machine.  Years ago I had heard that several artists were recycling these machines in order to offer their ATC size art for sale in a vendor style outlet.  This is the first and only such machine I have ever encountered.  Half of the artwork had been sold at a purchase price of $6 per artist.  I'm amazed and enchanted that this is actually getting people to stop and make a purchase of art!  Kudos to those artists who had the forethought to create a new marketplace! 

No comments: